Saturday, December 1, 2012

M Audio Oxygen49





This is great Keyboard if you want to piddle around with easy to load software.  I also need to mention, it is nicely priced too for what you get.
 
It comes in a nice box, that can be reused to pack away if you want too.

After a week of playing on my standard qwerty key board with FL Studio 10.  I decided to go a step further.  I bought the M Audio Oxygen49.  By the way, it has two other brothers the Oxygen25 and the Oxygen61.



At first, I was apprehensive in purchasing the controller, cause it seemed really light. What caught my eye though was all  the slider knobs, turning knobs and buttons.  It has pitch bend knob, modular knob and more buttons.  The other thing that caught my attention was I was hearing that the keys map very easlily to FL Studio.  And you know what they were right.

It took me about 5 minutes to plug in the 5' USB cable that came with the key board.  I wish the USB was longer though,  so I was limited to where I could place my new keyboard. I think I'm going to run out and buy a maybe a 10'-12' USB cord for routing through my desk.  Interfacing to FL Studio was a snap too.  I launch FL Studio.  At the top, I selected Options and selected Midi.



I didn't see the Midi keyboard at first so clicked on Re-scan Midi Devices at the bottom of the dialogue box. There it was, I highlighted the 2- Oxygen 49 Midi Out and clicked the x box on top to get out.




Immediately I could push a key, and I could hear the kick drum that automatically loads when opening FL Studio. All the keys the transpose and select were mapped out.  I started jamming away. I think that day, I didn't stop playing till 3 a.m. in the morning.  FL Studio is another review that I will be sharing in my blog, but  for right now I will focus on the key board.

The black white keys seem a little light, not as heavy as a standard keyboard, but I did notice when playing on the keyboard, FL Studio would recognize how hard I was pushing down. Cool, now I can add dynamics to my song.  Expression! Yes! A big plus in my book for dynamics with this keyboard. I noted this in some of the songs I've played.  At the end of this post I'll put my sound cloud profile, so you can listen to some of my creations.

The slider buttons can be programmed to respond to just about anything through FL Studio.  Just right click for example on one of the Synths knobs. Then select link to controller (shown below) and move a button on the keyboard.  FL Studio will automatically map to that button.  Isn't that cool?  So you can even further control dynamics to your song for a live performance.




This USB midi controller works great with Fl Studio.  My experience has been very satisfactory in purchasing Oxygen 49.

Link to some of my music.  I hope you like?  Give me some feedback on either this review or any comments on my songs.

If go to this link, you get 10% discount on FL Studio products of $89.00 and above.



Sound Cloud my Profile
http://soundcloud.com/lancruz1

You Tube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mphME7Otkc8


Thanks for looking.  Feel free to ask me any questions.

For more inspiration you can go to +FL STUDIO TUTORIALS
Check out my Profile +Gilbert Rodriguez


Let me know if this was helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment