Saturday, December 15, 2012

Make Electronic Music? Sounds Great! Cheap! Super Easy!




Make Electronic Music? Sounds Great! Cheap! Super Easy! 
Hey! Have you ever had an idea for a song, but didn't know how to pull it together i.e.
No experience.
No instrument.
Don't even know how to play an instrument?

Well look no further.  I want to introduce you to FL Studio.  With FL studio, one can start making electronic music right away with the demo version, and its free.  All you need is a computer that run FL Studio a mouse and a computer keyboard.  It does work better with a midi keyboard though, It really almost sounds to good to be true.

Even for the professional, FL Studio can be your back up in a pinch, or even enhance your existing sound.  I imagine that professionals are already using FL Studio. Want to make that Wobble Bass sound, FL Studio is the package that can do it.

Even if you bought all the packages that they offer, what you get in my book it's a bargain.  Years ago, one had to fork out a lot of money for this stuff.


Imagine if you had all the tools you need to write that hidden song that's in your head, all that talent at the tip of fingers! Basically being able to start running like a track star as soon as you download the demo.  I'm sure it will be initially like driving a MAC truck without a drivers license, but unlike crashing with MAC truck, if you crash you, can start all over. How cool is that.

To get started all you need is a computer that meets the requirements, your computer keyboard will map out to the keys on the keyboard. I eventually broke down and bought a midi keyboard. I saw a You tube tutorial and the  recommendation was that the M-Audio Midi key board Oxygen49 was a good keyboard to get started with for FL Studio. The interface was very simple.  Hook up a USB port Midi keyboard, go to the options and select refresh.  It mapped all the keys, and I was playing right away.  Defining a button was just as easy.  I'll save that for another tutorial, or look it up on You tube, super easy stuff.

What you get with the demo is an easy to use sequencer, tons of effects, whole bunch of synthesizers, thousands of sounds and millions of possibilities.  I'm talking about mind blowing ear candy!

You need a computer.
System Requirements:
2Ghz Intel Pentium 4 / AMD Athlon 64 (or later) compatible CPU with full SSE2 support. The faster your CPU and more cores it has the more you will be able to do simultaneously. Download and test the demo!

32 or 64 Bit versions of Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista, XP (with service pack 3)

(or) Intel Mac with Boot Camp / Windows.
Running XP (with service pack 3), Vista or Windows 7 (in 32 or 64 Bit)

1 Gb or more RAM recommended

1 Gb free disk space

Soundcard with DirectSound drivers. ASIO/ASIO2 compatible required for audio recording (FL Studio installs with generic ASIO4ALL drivers)

In the past few months, I have uploaded to You Tube, Sound Cloud, Face Book.

Check out my songs that I've put together for your enjoyment.  It may not be your Genre, but it's just an example of what can be done.

I hope you will get lost in the world of electronic music as I have.

The beauty of this software is if you want to figure out something, type in a key word in YouTube, and there is video on how to do it.
Pick a certain Genre and it's there too.
From the basics to the more complex.

Say, how about making a song for a video.  You don't have to worry about it being copy written since it was you that created it.

Also if you need any pointers or some ideas, I look forward to hearing from you.  Tell me about your experience.

Thanks for looking and any constructive criticism on this tutorial is welcome too!  I hope you enjoy what I put together.  I hope it is entertaining and enjoyable to watch and listen.
Peace!

Here are some of the tunes I've written, and I welcome any comments.  I'm no professional, but I sure have had a blast figuring out how to do this stuff.

[soundcloud url="http://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/60906233" params="?" width=" 100%" height="166" iframe="false" /] [soundcloud url="http://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/67848905" params="?" width=" 100%" height="166" iframe="false" /]

FL Studio has tools to create great looking videos too. Here is a crazy video I put together using all of FL Studio's tools.
I hope you like what I'm sharing.  Thanks for your time!
If you are looking for more insperiation +FL STUDIO TUTORIALS 

I'm also an affiliate of Fl Studio



You can check my profile +Gilbert Rodriguez 

No comments:

Post a Comment